From zero to climber
Rock climbing for beginners (3 days)
Rock climbing is an exhilarating sport and our beginner climbing course is a great way for you to get started. The “Outdoor Rock Intro” beginner rock climbing course (3 days) is designed for those who have never climbed before or who have done some basic climbing either in the gym or outdoors.
In this 3 days outdoor rock climbing course for beginners, you will learn foundational climbing movement skills and top rope techniques for rock climbing outdoors.
Top-rope climbing (or top-roping) is the easiest, simplest, and safest way to climb.
During this course, we won’t just take you climbing: we will introduce you to the mechanics of the top-rope system, teach you how to belay, and help you develop the fundamentals you need to be a responsible and knowledgeable climber.
You’ll get lots of time climbing, and our instructors will coach you on technique and help you have a successful and fun day on the rock!
Interest in rock climbing and basic physical fitness.
DAY 1 (5 hours)
- Welcome, introduction, goals, agenda and issue gear
- Introduction to hazard evaluation and risk management at the crag
- Introduce climbing equipment (proper fit and strengths)
- Learn and practice the basics of movement on rock
- Introduction to the ‘Top Rope’ rock climbing
- Learn to tie-in to the climbing rope
- Practice the ‘Top Rope’ belay and lowering system – establish proper techniques and habits
- Learn Climbing communication calls
- Introduction to rope care and management
- Continued movement skills training and development while climbing routes
DAY 2 (5 hours)
- Local crag hazard evaluation and risk management
- Learn and practice intermediate movement skills on rock
- Instruction and practice rappelling simulation
- Consolidate ‘Top Roping’ skills
- Continued movement skills training and development on steeper rock
- Debrief and instruction for further progressions for rock climbing
DAY 3 (5 hours)
- Climbing 🙂
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable clothing (according to the weather conditions), including shoes in which you can hike to the rocks
- Sun protection
- Water and snacks
|Number of people booking at the
same time/as a group
|3 days (5 hours each)
|380,00 € p.p.
|250,00 € p.p.
|200,00 € p.p.
|from 4 people
|175,00 € p.p.
Sunclimbing provides all the necessary climbing materials such as harnesses, ropes, express slings, belay devices and helmets. Climbing shoes can be rented on site if needed.
Of course we will share as much climbing knowledge with as you want. No question should remain unanswered and we will help you as much as we can.
We will take great climbing pictures of you and the group during the climbing day. At the end of the day these can be taken away as a souvenir.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Climbing shoes can be rented at Sunclimbing if needed.
Travel to Geyikbayiri and to Sunclimbing must be organized by yourself.
We can also offer a packed lunch at a price of 8,00 €. Please let us know when booking the course.
HOW TO BOOK
Please note: Our course calendar booking will be activated soon, until then please contact us directly for reservations or bookings.